Soccer is a world-renowned sport that has fans and enthusiasts all over the globe. It is played not only by the big league sports persons but also enjoyed at every basic level by the amateurs. Soccer is a game that any age group can play, and one of the most important pieces of soccer equipment is soccer balls in the sport. Different soccer balls are available, which differ based on their size, weight, material, stitching, and price. It is important to understand the difference between all these types of soccer balls before purchasing.
Different Types of Soccer Ball:
- Soccer balls have two main components: the cover and the bladder. The cover consists of panels of durable material, usually PVC or polyurethane, stitched together in a rounded shape. PVC soccer balls work well for youth soccer players because they are durable, resist scuffing, and are generally the most affordable option. Polyurethane balls are generally softer with better responsiveness, so the material is typically used on higher-end balls.
- The bladder is the inner component that holds the air. Bladders are usually made of either butyl or latex. Butyl bladders offer better air retention and hold their shape better than latex. Natural latex bladders are more common in premium soccer balls and have a softer feel than some players prefer. A PVC ball with a butyl bladder is the most practical, affordable option for your youth player.
- The most common type of soccer ball is the size 5 ball, which is used mostly by professional players. This ball has a diameter of 21 to 22 inches and a weight between 14 to 16 ounces. The size 5 soccer balls are mostly used in training and for recreational purposes by amateur players.
- The next most common type of soccer ball is the size 4 ball, which has a diameter of 20 to 21 inches and weighs between 12 to 13 ounces. These soccer balls are meant for players between 8 and 12 years old and are mostly used for recreational purposes. The material used for making these soccer balls is polyurethane which makes them softer than the size 5 balls.
- The last type of soccer ball is the size 3 soccer ball which has a diameter of 18 to 20 inches and weighs between 10 to 11 ounces. These soccer balls are meant for players between 6 and 8 and are used mostly for recreational purposes. The material used in making these soccer balls is polyurethane, making them softer than the size 5 balls. Soccer balls come in different colours like red, blue, green, black, white etc.
- Before purchasing a soccer ball for your child, check with the league to determine what age group uses it in practices and games. Buy the same size, so she gets used to the sizing when she practices. Once you know the sizing, check out the options in that range. Training soccer balls work on various surfaces and are durable, making them a good investment for your youth player. Some soccer balls are designed for turf fields and indoor play. Many youth teams play on grass so that you won’t need a turf ball. Unless you sign your child up for an indoor soccer league, don’t choose an indoor ball designed for less rebound.
Most professional soccer clubs have soccer balls that their players use during matches. Some soccer balls are also designed with logos of popular soccer clubs printed on them. These soccer balls are very popular among soccer fans and are often sold in stadiums. Many online stores sell soccer balls of various sizes, colours, and brands.
Soccer balls are the most crucial soccer equipment in different sizes, colours and brands. A ball seems like a straightforward purchase, but these balls come in multiple sizes. Your child’s specific size typically depends on her age and level of soccer play. The most common size is the number 5 for a soccer ball used by professional players. This ball has a diameter of 21 to 22 inches and a weight between 14 to 16 ounces. Soccer balls also come in different sizes like 4, 3 etc., which are meant for amateur players. Soccer balls are mostly latex or butyl rubber, which provides good resistance. They are also designed with logos of soccer clubs. These balls are seen being sold in soccer stadiums during the match. You can purchase soccer balls from various online stores, and customisation is available for all customers.